The City Clerk's Office handles all licensing for building contractors and tradespeople who wish to perform work in the City of Salina.
There are several ways to apply for or renew a contractor's or tradesperson's license with the City:
- Apply online at our online licensing and permit portal.
- Stop by Room 206 of the City-County building to apply in person.
- E-mail applications to the City Clerk's Office.
The licenses issued by the City Clerk's office are:
- Adult Oriented Business (Map of Permissible Locations) (AOB Employee Application)
- Alcoholic Beverage
- Cereal Malt Beverage (Corporation) (Individual) (Partnership) (TTB Application)
- Loudspeaker/Amplified Sound
- Bail Bonding (Service) (Agent) (Insurance Agent) (Agent Verification Form)
- Commercial Animal Establishment (Inspection Form Example)
- General Contractors (Classes A, B, and C)
- Registered Craftspeople
- Skilled Trades Contractors (Electrical, Plumbing, Solid Fuel Installation, Mobile/Manufactured Home, and Mechanical)
- Skilled Tradespeople (Electrical, Plumbing, Solid Fuel Installation, Mobile/Manufactured Home, and Mechanical)
- Ice Cream Vendors (Vehicle Inspection Form)
- Tree Treating and Trimming
- Merchant Security Services (Service) (Guards)
- Building Moving
- Private Refuse Hauler
- Soliciting/Peddling (Adult) (Juvenile)
- Second Hand Goods (Pawnbroker/Precious Metals Dealer) (New Goods at Public Auction) (Junk Dealer)
- Taxi Services (Service) (Drivers) (Vehicle Inspection Form)
- Specialty Contractors
Specialty Contractor licenses include the following disciplines:
- Fire Alarm & Communication
- Fire Sprinkler
- Swimming Pools
- Hood Suppression/Spray Booth Suppression
- Lawn/Landscape Irrigation