ORDINANCE NUMBER 23-11174
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
Lots 1-5, Block 6, of the Stone Lake Addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas. (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
- The location and physical attributes of the Property and the availability of public utilities make it suitable for residential development once construction of Crystal Lake Drive is completed;
- Rezoning of the subject property for residential development is a logical extension of the existing residential development pattern along the east side of Ohio Street north of Shoreline Drive;
- The Property is adjacent to existing R-2.5 zoning on the north and PC-2 zoning across the street and a change to R-2 zoning would be compatible with the existing zoning pattern along the east side of South Ohio Street. The Property serves as a buffer between Ohio Street and future single-family housing to the east;
- The requested zoning change and proposed residential density would be consistent with the city’s Comprehensive Plan which identifies the Stone Lake property as suitable for Suburban Residential-type development.
Section 2. Amendment. DISTRICT “R-2”. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT “R-2” MULTIPLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances relating to the Property are repealed to the extent they are in conflict with this ordinance.
Section 4. Effective date; publication summary. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 23-11174 Summary
On October 2, 2023, the City Commission passed Ordinance No. 23-11174. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of five (5) lots located on the east side of South Ohio Street south of Shoreline Drive in the Stone Lake Addition from PC-2 (Planned Neighborhood Shopping) to R-2 (Multiple Family Residential) to allow for the construction of townhomes on those lots instead of neighborhood businesses. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: September 25, 2023
Passed: October 2, 2023
Michael L. Hoppock, Mayor
Nikki Goding, City Clerk
The publication summary set forth above is certified this 4th day of October, 2023.
Greg A. Bengtson, City Attorney