AMENDED ORDINANCE NUMBER 23-11150
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
Lot 1, Block 1, of Beck’s Addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas. (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
- Because of its distance from the Ohio Street and Interstate 70 interchange, the Property is more suitable for light industrial uses than interstate oriented commercial uses;
- The Property is adjacent to I-2 zoned property on the north and east and a change to I-2 zoning would be compatible with surrounding commercial and industrial development;
- The proposed building site is more than 1,200 ft. west of North Ohio Street, mitigating the impact approval of straight I-2 zoning, without overlay district restrictions, might have on the North Ohio Street corridor;
- Public utilities are available and can be extended to the proposed building site making it suitable for urban development;
- The Property is within the City’s Urban Service Area, and based on the plans for the Property submitted by the applicant, including the extension of public utilities to the building site, an Employment Area designation is a more appropriate Future Land Use Map designation for the Property than the current Conservation Area designation.
Section 2. Amendment. DISTRICT “I-2”. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT “I-2” LIGHT INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances relating to the Property are repealed to the extent they are in conflict with this ordinance.
Section 4. Effective date; publication summary. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Amended Ordinance No. 23-11150 Summary
On September 11, 2023, the City Commission passed Amended Ordinance No. 23-11150. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of a 23.92 acre tract of land located on the west side of North Ohio Street south of Interstate 70 from Saline County AG (Agricultural) and A-1 (Agricultural) to I-2 (Light Industrial) to allow construction of a sales office and warehouse space for a seed company. The amended ordinance amends the legal description in Ordinance No. 23-11150 approved on March 27, 2023 to incorporate property that was previously outside the city limits and by increasing the rezoning request area from 15.43 acres to 23.92 acres. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: July 10, 2023
Passed: September 11, 2023
Michael L. Hoppock, Mayor
Nikki Goding, Deputy City Clerk
The publication summary set forth above is certified this 13th day of September, 2023.
Greg A. Bengtson, City Attorney