AT&T FIBER OPTIC WORK CONTINUES
AT&T continues to place underground fiber optic line throughout our community. The fiber optic cabling and related facilities will connect existing cell towers and future 5G cell towers providing better cell service and high speed networks.
Construction for the project is being performed in phases throughout the City which requires contractors to return to some locations multiple times throughout the installation process so work may be completed in individual steps.
The phasing for project construction is outlined as follows:
- Contractor investigates affected properties to determine easement areas for placing buried facilities
- Contractor may hydrovac or pothole below ground surface to determine depths of existing utilities
- Contractor will place conduit of varying sizes via boring or trenching depending on how many cables will be placed in a particular run
- When the conduit for the area is placed, contractor will pull the fiber into its designated passage
- Once the fiber is installed, contractor will return to locations needing an underground vault and will secure the fiber loops inside an embedded, ground level utility box
- Contractor will then restore and repair soil with seeding around the disturbed areas
- Finally, AT&T personnel will be mobilized to connect and splice what is needed for customer service connections
In some locations, AT&T will place aerial fiber on existing utility poles with connections buried when needed to tie into the main fiber feeder lines.
Work will be mainly in grass areas with minimal sidewalk closures. No road closures are expected at this time.
Questions can be directed to: