ORDINANCE NUMBER 22-11110
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SECTION 2 OF ORDINANCE NUMBER 96-9738 ESTABLISHING THE CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL OF CEDAR CREEK MANUFACTURED HOME PARK.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Current Zoning. Section DISTRICT "MH-P". MANUFACTURED HOME PARK. Pursuant to Ordinance Number 96-9738, the following described property was rezoned to become a part of District "MH-P". MANUFACTURED HOME PARK (the “Rezoning”):
Lot 1, Block 1 and Lot 1, Block 2 of the Cedar Creek Addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas (the “Property”)
Section 2. AMENDMENT OF SECTION 2 OF ORDINANCE NUMBER 96-9738 ESTABLISHING THE CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL OF CEDAR CREEK MANUFACTURED HOME PARK. Section 2 of Ordinance Number 96-9738 establishing the conditions of approval of the Rezoning of the Property are amended to read as follows:
The use of the Property shall be subject to all the conditions, restrictions and limitations as made and provided for in Ordinance Number 8526, the same being Chapter 42 of the Salina Code with reference to the MANUFACTURED HOME PARK. Development of the property shall be subject to the plans on file with the City Planning Commission and/or City Clerk and the following conditions, to-wit:
1. Development of the site shall be subject to Sections 42-222 thru 230 of the MH-P Manufactured Home Park regulations with the following additions and exceptions:
a. Manufactured home lots with frontage on Marcella Drive shall be subject to the following development limitations:
(1) Housing units shall be residential-design manufactured homes, modular homes or site built dwellings.
b. Manufactured home Lots 4, 17, 18, 29, 30, 41, and 42 adjacent to the drainage ditch shall be subject to the following development limitations:
- Housing units shall be multi-section manufactured homes, residential-design manufactured homes, modular homes or site-built dwellings.
c. All other manufactured home lots shall be subject to the following development limitations:
(1) Housing units placed on all remaining lots must be newly constructed and must contain a seal indicating they were built according to National Manufactured Home Construction and Safety (HUD Code) Standards.
(2) The exterior wall covering must consist of siding materials customarily used on conventional dwellings, including, but not limited to, wood, vinyl or metal lap siding, vertically or horizontally grooved wood siding. Flat, ribbed or corrugated metal or plastic panels shall not be permitted.
(3) All main buildings and detached garages shall have a pitched roof. Carports may have flat roofs. Metallic roofing surfaces must be coated with a non-reflective and nonmetallic material. Use of corrugated metal or plastic panels shall not be permitted.
(4) The hitch and wheels must be removed from all units.
(5) All housing units shall be tied down and blocked as designated by K.S.A. 75-1226 thru 75-1232.
(6) All housing units shall be skirted with a solid and wind resistant material designed for exterior use. Skirting shall be securely attached and shall enclose the total open area under the manufactured home.
(7) The unit must be permanently connected to all utilities in conformance with applicable city codes.
(8) Each lot shall have a single driveway separate entrance from a paved private street and two off-street parking spaces.
(9) A Twenty-Five (25) foot landscape buffer shall be installed and maintained along the eastern perimeter of the park adjacent to I-135.
2. Development Note Number 2 on the Final Site Plan for Cedar Creek Manufactured Home Park limiting the park to thirty (30) single-wide units is repealed by this ordinance and Development Note Number 3 is amended to eliminate the requirement that all homes in Cedar Creek have carports.
Section 2. Repealer. Existing Section 2 of Ordinance 96-9738 is repealed.
Section 3. Effective. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once in the official city newspaper by the following summary:
Ordinance No. 22-11110 Summary
On May 2, 2022, the City Commission passed Ordinance No. 22-11110. The Ordinance amends Section 2 of Ordinance No. 96-9738 establishing the conditions of approval of the Cedar Creek Manufactured Home Park by (1) eliminating the minimum width and length dimensions for new single-wide and double-wide manufactured home units placed in the Cedar Creek Manufactured Home Park, (2) allowing single-wide units to be placed on lots designated for double-wide units on the Cedar Creek Park Manufactured Home Plan and (3) eliminating the requirement that all manufactured homes units in the Cedar Creek Manufactured Home Park have carports and repeals the existing the existing Section 2 of Ordinance No. 96-9738. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: April 25, 2022
Passed: May 2, 2022
Trent W. Davis, M.D., Mayor
JoVonna A. Rutherford, City Clerk