ORDINANCE NUMBER 22-11104
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SALINA CODE SECTION 42-418.2 PERTAINING TO CONDITIONAL USES IN THE SOUTH NINTH STREET OVERLAY DISTRICT AND REPEALING EXISTING SECTION 42-418.2.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Amendment. Section 42-418.2 of the Salina Code is amended to read as follows:
Sec. 42-418.2. - Conditional uses.
The following uses may be permitted in the CO district if reviewed and approved in accordance with the provisions of section 42-597.2 of this chapter and following an evaluation of the projected amount of traffic to be generated by the proposed use, square footage of proposed buildings, and compatibility of proposed use with nearby land uses:
(1) Agricultural implement sales and service.
(2) Building supply stores.
(3) Business and professional offices.
(4) Business schools.
(5) Convenience gasoline and food stores.
(6) Department and discount stores.
(7) Duplicating and mailing services.
(8) Express package facilities.
(9) Farm and ranch supply stores.
(10) Food stores and delicatessens.
(11) Garden centers and nurseries.
(12) Gasoline service stations with car wash.
(13) Group day care centers.
(14) Hotels and motels.
(16) Physical fitness centers.
(17) Public utilities.
(19) Short term recreational vehicle parking areas accessory to a hotel, motel, truck stop or travel plaza.
(20) Travel agencies.
(21) Truck stops and travel plazas.
(22) Warehouses and wholesale houses.
Section 2. Repealer. Existing Salina Code Section 42-418.2 is repealed.
Section 3. Effective. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once in the official city newspaper by the following summary:
Ordinance No. 22-11104 Summary
On March 21, 2022, the City Commission passed Ordinance No. 22-11104. The Ordinance amends Salina Code Sec. 42-418.2 by adding mini-warehouses, short term recreational vehicle parking accessory to a hotel, motel, truck stop, or travel plaza and truck stops and travel plazas to the list of conditional uses in the South Ninth Street Corridor Overlay District and repeals the existing Section 42-418.2. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: March 7, 2022
Passed: March 21, 2022
Trent W. Davis, M.D., Mayor
JoVonna A. Rutherford, City Clerk