ORDINANCE NUMBER 20-11028
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
A parcel of land located in the Southwest Quarter of Section Twenty (20),Township Fourteen (14) South, Range Two (2) West of the 6th P.M., in Saline County, Kansas, more particularly described as follows:
Beginning at the Southwest corner of Briargate Addition, said point being on the North right-of-way line of Cloud Street; Thence on an assumed bearing of S89°51’49”W along said North right-of-way line a distance of 395.43 feet; Thence along the East right-of-way line of Cedar Ridge Drive on a curve to the right with a radius of 290.00 feet, a chord length of 336.56 feet, a chord bearing of N54°38’18”W, and an arc length of 359.07 feet; Thence N19°14’49”W along said East right-of-way ling a distance of 367.26 feet, a chord length of 13.69 feet, a chord bearing of N20°29’30”W, and an arc length of 13.69 feet; Thence N55°54’09”E a distance of 157.00 feet to a point on the South property ling a distance of 141.31 feet; Thence N80°05’38”E along said South property line a distance of 561.17 feet to the Northwest corner of Flor De Sol Addition; Thence S00°39’20”W along the West line of said Flor De Sol and Briargate Addition a distance of 664.27 feet to the point of beginning. (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
- The subject property is not suitable for development of a single-family housing under the existing Agricultural zoning. The location and physical attributes of this property and the availability of public utilities and frontage on an improved public street make it suitable for urban density residential development.
- The subject property is a logical extension of the existing residential development pattern along Cedar Ridge Drive and the requested R-1 zoning would be compatible with the existing zoning and land use of nearby properties.
- Needed public utilities can be readily extended to serve the entire 9.82 acre site; and
- The requested zoning change from A-1 to R-1 would be consistent with the city’s Comprehensive Plan which shows this property as being located within the city’s Urban Service Area and calls for future suburban residential development in this area. The density proposed in the subdivision conforms with that designation.
Section 2. AMENDMENT. DISTRICT "R-1", SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT "R-1", SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances in conflict herewith as they relate to the above described real estate are hereby repealed.
Section 4. Effective date; publication summary. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 20-11028 Summary
On September 20, 2021, the City of Salina, Kansas, passed Ordinance No. 20-11028. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of property located on the north side of Cedar Ridge Drive, east of Markley Road to R-1 (Single-Family Residential) to allow development of a residential subdivision. A complete copy of the ordinance is available at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the city clerk, 300 W. Ash Street, free of charge. This summary is certified by the city attorney.
Introduced: February 24, 2020
Passed: September 20, 2021
Melissa Rose Hodges, Mayor
JoVonna A. Rutherford, City Clerk