Due to the Emergency Public Health Order from the Saline County Health Officer, all Municipal Court hearings are cancelled until further notice. The Court will send notice to you of a new hearing date once the Emergency Public Health Order is lifted. Information about paying for your ticket can be found by clicking here.
The purpose of the Salina Municipal Court is to assure equal access, fair treatment, and just and efficient adjudication of alleged violations of city codes for all people.
The Municipal Court hears misdemeanor, criminal and traffic cases. Types of cases include domestic violence, petty theft, disorderly conduct, DUI, parking and animal control. If you have questions regarding your court date or time, contact the Clerk's office.
Before coming to court, note the following:
- The Municipal Court is open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding legal holidays.
- No weapons are permitted in Municipal Court, except as carried or possessed by law enforcement officers, Municipal Court Security Staff, or as needed for evidence in court, without the permission of the court. To gain entry into the Salina Municipal Court you and your belongings will have to pass through a metal detector. To avoid problems gaining access to the building, it is highly recommended that you do not try to bring in food, beverages, or anything that could be construed as a weapon, as well as avoiding clothing articles that have excessive metal.
- All personal or portable telephones, audible pagers, or other electronic devices brought into the courtroom shall be turned off while court is in session. Any audible electronic equipment creating noise in the courtroom which is not authorized by the court is subject to confiscation, and the person who possessed such item may be subject to contempt of court or other appropriate sanctions by the court.
- Persons bringing children to the Municipal Court shall keep them within adult supervision and reasonably quiet so it does not disrupt court business or operations. Children are not permitted in the courtroom unless specific permission is granted by the Municipal Court Judge.
- All persons attending court are expected to be dressed appropriately for the dignity and decorum of the court proceeding. Hats, hoods and scarfs shall be removed in the courtroom. Clothing displaying suggestive, vulgar, or inappropriate messages is not appropriate attire for court proceedings. Persons dressed inappropriately may be required to exit the courtroom and may be subject to a contempt citation.
255 N. 10th St.
P.O. Box 1154
Salina, KS 67402-1154
(785) 826-7235 (fax)
(785) 826-7230 ext. 307
(785) 826-2594 (fax)
8 a.m.-5 p.m.