Special Assessments

Special assessments are used to finance improvements to be paid for by property within a specified benefit district.  These improvements may consist of water, sewer, street and sidewalk improvements.  Special assessments may also be placed on property due to an abatement of nuisances or sidewalk repairs.

If you need specific information on your special assessments such as pay-off amounts, length of the specials or interest rates, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (785) 309-5735.