Community Relations Division
The mission of the City of Salina Community Relations Division and the Human Relations Commission is to eliminate discrimination and to establish equality and justice for people in Salina through civil rights enforcement, advocacy and education.
The division investigates complaints alleging
discrimination in employment, public accommodations and housing. Together the commission and division work as a civil rights enforcement agency.
No Cost Services Provided by the Division
- Civil rights consultations for individuals,
employers, employees, educational institutions, municipalities, public
accommodation, civic groups, tenants, landlords
- Assistance filing discrimination complaints
- Assistance with landlord/tenant concerns
- Sample forms and information pertaining to civil rights issues
- Diversity/cultural awareness training
- Disability sensitivity training
- Training courses that provide up-to-date information on
the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the
Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and ADA access
300 W. Ash St.
Salina, KS 67401
(785) 309-5747 (TDD)
Steve Rivers, Supervisor
8 a.m.-5 p.m.