The City of Salina is committed to providing quality customer
service to all customers. Water Customer Accounting (Water Department)
is responsible for the Accounts Receivable system for all City
of Salina utilities (water, wastewater, and refuse collection).
The division bills nearly 24,000 customers per month on a
cycle basis (1,000 per day), and collects nearly $17.1 million
per year to support the water, wastewater and refuse
collection systems in the City. The meter staff also work out
of this division working service orders (new accounts, final accounts, etc.)
The information on these pages is intended to guide you
through the process of establishing service, paying your bill,
and answering general questions about our services.
Did you know?!
- The average toilet uses 5-7 gallons each time you flush
- An 8 minute shower averages approximately 17 gallons
- Running a full bath will use about 30 gallons
- A dishwasher uses about 10-20 gallons per load
- A full washing machine cycle averages 20-30 gallons per load
- Watering your lawn uses about 5-10 gallons per minute depending on your hose size:
- 1/2" diameter hose = 600 gallons/hour (3x per week = 21,600 gallons over 3 months)
- 5/8" diameter hose = 1,000 gallons/hour (3x per week = 36,000 gallons over 3 months)
- 3/4" diameter hose = 1,900 gallons/hour (3x per week = 68,800 gallons over 3 months)
- DRIPPING FAUCETS AND OTHER LEAKS WASTE WATER AND ENERGY!
Here are some examples of water waste at 40 pounds pressure:
- 1/32" leak wastes 170 gallons in 24 hrs.
- 1/16" leak wastes 970 gallons in 24 hrs.
- 1/8" leak wastes 3,600 gallons in 24 hrs.
Options for Paying your Water Bill
For our customers' convenience, we have several options available to pay:
PO Box 1307 Salina, KS 67402-1307
300 W Ash St Room 102 Salina, KS 67401
Located on the south side of the City-County Building. As you pull into the circle drive off of Ash St, there is a large metal drop box labeled with the City of Salina logo. There is also a drop box located on the outside of our office door located at 300 W Ash St Room 102 Salina, KS 67401.
Call 785-309-5740 and follow the prompts using the keypad on your phone to enter your account information and preferred method of payment.
You may access our website here. You may opt to click "One Time Payment" and simply enter your account information and preferred method of payment as a one time convenience, or you can click "New User" and follow the steps from the Online Billing Registration to set up your account.
Credit Card Processing Fees Notice
Beginning January 1, 2020 the City of Salina passed on card processing fees (at actual cost) to customers as approved in the 2020 Comprehensive Fee Schedule by Resolution 19-7727.
300 W. Ash St.
Salina, KS 67401
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Water and Sewer Emergencies