| Due to circumstances related to public health and Coronavirus (Covid19), and the order issued on March 27, 2020 by the Saline County Health Dept. and governing bodies to "stay at home", we will be shutting down most of our services for the next 30 days and the City County Building is closed to the public. Therefore we have modified services until further notice.
Please note, it is very important to follow the methods of communication outlined below. These systems have been put in place to ensure services during these unique circumstances, failure to adhere may affect our ability to help you.
None of the changes/limitations to the services we provide exempt you from complying with the code requirements for permits, inspections, zoning, land development, or property maintenance.
- We will continue to accept and process building and trades permits.
- You must use the permits web portal to submit a permit request/application.
- Review and processing of a permit application will probably take longer than usual. We will make every attempt to clearly communicate with you regarding timelines and expectations.
- We will continue to provide inspections for issued permits.
- Inspection requests can be submitted via the permits web portal or via email, or you can call our office(785-309-5701). Please leave a message if the call is not answered, we will get back with you within 24hrs.
- We will not provide inspections in occupied dwellings, unless it is an emergency, due to health risks.
- We will not be able to fully process permit applications that require a public hearing as part of the approval for a planning permit.
- We will not be able to accept or process Planning applications (variances, conditional use permits, zoning, etc.) or Tax Rebate applications.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INCENTIVES:
- CODE ENFORCEMENT/PROPERTY MAINTENANCE:
- We will not be able to provide full services related to nuisance code enforcement (property maintenance).
- A property owner (or tenant) must still maintain their property including mowing.
- To schedule a special pick up of trash, debris, discarded furniture please contact 785-309-5750.
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS:
- The Community Relations Division offices are closed until further notice.
Ways to Contact Us During the Stay-at-Home Order:
- Permit Web Portal: https://salina.onlama.com/
- This is available 24/7 and submittals will be checked daily.
- Phone: 785-309-5715
- We will return your call within 24hrs or sooner. Please leave a message.
- Please include in your message the property address you are calling about.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- We will respond to your e-mail within 24hrs or sooner.
- Please include the property address you are inquiring about.
Our goal is to continue providing necessary services while balancing the need to provide for the safety and well-being of our employees and meet the directives related to the “Stay at Home” order.
We appreciate your patience and understanding,
Community and Development Services Department Team