Construction/Building Codes & Americans with Disabilities Act
Adopted Model Codes
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code for One-Two Family Dwellings
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (NOTE: The 2012 IECC was originally adopted in October 2016, along with the other codes listed on this web page, and went into effect on January 1, 2017. Since that time, Ordinance No. 17-10892 was adopted on July 24, 2017 and is effective immediately. That ordinance repealed the 2012 IECC and adopted the 2009 IECC with local code amendments.)
To order code books for the International Codes go to www.iccsafe.org
- 2011 National Electrical Code (to order code book go to www.nfpa.org)
- 2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
- 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
To order code books for the Uniform codes go to www.iapmo.org
Please refer to Chapter 8 and Chapter 14 of the Salina Municipal Code for the official version of the local code amendments. Click here to view the Salina Municipal Code
2012 IBC (Ord. #16-10846)
2012 IRC (Ord. #16-10847)
2012 IFC (Ord. #16-10852)
2009 IECC (Ord. #17-10892)
2012 UMC (Ord. #16-10849)
2012 UPC (Ord. #16-10848)
2011 NEC (Ord. #16-10850)
Americans with Disabilities Act
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1991 was adopted by the Kansas legislature for enforcement by local building officials. (see Kansas State Statutes, Section 58-1301 to 58-1311, Accessibility Standards for Public Buildings). The legislation applies to all buildings covered by Title III.
The Department of Justice has published the revised ADA 2010 Standards. These standards went into effect on March 15, 2012.
Click on links below to access information about these new standards:
Listing files in 'Building Services Documents'
Southern Yellow Pine Lumber
Southern Pine users can find complete information about the new design values, as well as comparisons with other species and updated span tables on www.SouthernPine.com.