• CODE ENFORCEMENT of City ordinances regarding nuisances, zoning and building code issues related to outdoor property use and maintenance. Citizen reports are confidential.
• NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH for problem-solving which requires coordination with other city departments, community agencies and neighborhood groups to develop goals, strategies and action plans for neighborhood clean up and revitalization.
• GRANT ADMINSTRATION for state and local programs such as Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME (HUD pass-through funds for home owner assistance), and the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) to address homelessness.
• NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION TAX REBATE general program administrative support including pre-application conferences, application processing, pre-certification file preparation and owner communication liaison.
• HOUSING REHABILITATION through local, state and Federal grant programs. Most grants are open to home-owner occupied residences meeting various other qualifications according to grant source.
City of Salina
Neighborhood Services Division
300 W. Ash Street, Room 201
Salina, Kansas 67402-0736