Print This Page
The Salina Human Relations Commission:
- Consists of nine (9) members from diverse racial, ethnic, commercial, industrial segments of the community.
- Is appointed by the Mayor, with the consent of the governing body.
- Acts as an advisory body to the Board of Commissioners of the of the City of Salina
- Is empowered by law to receive, investigate, decide, and attempt to settle complaints of discrimination, segregation, or separation in employment, housing or public accommodations.
- Acts as an advisory body to the Human Relations Department.
- Holds public hearings.
The Human Relations Department:
Is the administrative arm of the Human Relations Commission.
Administers and enforces the local nondiscrimination law, which appears as Chapter 13, Article I, of the Code of the City of Salina, Kansas, as amended.
Receives, investigates, decides and attempts to settle complaints alleging unlawful discrimination in employment, housing or public accommodations.
Its Director is directly responsible to the City Manager, or his designee.