The newest Salina park facility, Barkley Park, officially opened Saturday, August 20, 2016. The two acre donor-funded dog park has three fenced in areas; two are open for use, and the third is closed to reestablish grass. Amenities at the park include: benches, dog water fountains and waste bag dispensers.
The dog park is located within the E. Crawford Recreation Area at 1801 Markley Road. It is open daily from 5 a.m.-11 p.m., unless special events are being held or the park is undergoing maintenance.
For more information about Barkley Park, or to make a donation to support future upgrades (structures, tables and water fountains), contact the Salina Animal Shelter at (785) 826-6535.
1. There is no food allowed in the park
2. No smoking
3. You must pick up after your pet
4. No aggressive dogs are allowed
5. Dogs must be vaccinated (and licensed if you reside within city limits)
6. Puppies under 4 months of age are not allowed (due to thier immature immunity)
7. You must leash your dog outside the park and have a leash with you inside the park
8. Female dogs in season are not allowed
9. Children must be supervised
10. Spayed/neutered dogs are recommended
11. There is a three dog limit per person
12. Be responsible for your pet
13. Unattended dogs will be impounded
14. Pit bulls are prohibited
Closure Dates - Due to Special Events
Sunday, November 5 6:00am to 6:00pm
The above times for the Barkley Park to be closed are subject to change. The park could be opened earlier or later based on the schedule of the event that is occurring, Please visit the park to determine whether or not it is available for the dates above.